Haglund Skola is SU-EN Butoh Company’s residency since 1997
Here is the studio, the office, the costume and scenography atelier, as well as guest houses for collaborators and workshop participants. The buildings used to be the village school until 1954, the main building was finished about 1900, and the small school was in use by 1850. The wooden buildings are in the traditional Swedish style, beautifully surrounded by the forest and fields.
The facilities do not have permanent ramps for wheelchairs etc., but if you give us notice we can construct something temporary to help access the buildings. Most welcome to visit!
How to get here
Almunge is located north east of Stockholm.
- From Arlanda: Take road 273 northbound, or go north on the motorway E4 towards Uppsala.
- From/via Uppsala: Take road 282 eastbound (second out of three exits in Uppsala off the motorway E4, ”Uppsala S – Almunge”).
- Turn towards ”Alunda” in Almunge in the crossing by ICA-krysset (a small supermarket), following road 273 north. After 5 km you will pass a railroad track, approximately 300 m further on, there is a small sign ”Haglund Skola” on your left.
By train – sj.se
- From Stockholm: Train to Arlanda Airport or to Uppsala C, further: See ”By bus”.
By bus – ul.se
- From Arlanda Airport: Bus 806 to Almunge Skola.
- From Uppsala: Bus 809 to Almunge Skola.
- From Almunge Skola to Haglund Skola: Bus 147 (not on weekends nor holidays), nearest bus stop is ”Tallhed” (if you ask kindly the driver may let you off closer to Haglund).
You need to order in advance to be sure they can drive you: Skölds Taxi 0174-401 86, A-Transport, Gunsta 018-36 32 94.
Airport information – swedavia.se